Friday, August 28, 2015

First Week

I had a great first week.  The kids were terrific and my colleagues were supportive.  There were many "Is this the same room?" reactions.  I am exhausted, but I can't wait to do it all agin next week.  Here are some highlights:
I borrowed Kevin's idea and played this video as each new class entered the room:


For the first day, I went over our syllabus and gave them a tour of the new space.  I also asked them to  share some of what they had been doing in Tech Ed for the past few years (this is the 8th graders sixth year in the class).  We talked about new ideas for the class and about things we'd like to keep the same.
Next week I plan to jump right into teaching about vector graphics and the vinyl cutter, but I wanted to start off with some activities to see how they worked together.  Each group did the Cup Pyramid Challenge and then spent a couple days designing pom pom launchers.  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment